Reticulating splines... news coming up!
Simopsis has moved to SIMOPSIS.SMFNEW.COM
Come by and register to the new site!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Frustrations

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Your Frustrations on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:53 pm

simLink

CitiesXL for a time was thought to be the next SC4, but we all know how that ended.

One of my biggest frustrations was the trading system - something I at one time loved. I always thought it would be cool to establish a trading system, but in individual mode it was a pain, because you had to start new cities in order to supply your existing ones, and new ones for the new ones. It was that or trade with OmniCorp and go bankrupt.

So what are your biggest frustrations with CXL? It can be from the original CXL, CXL2011 or CXL2012.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SIMOPSIS HAS MOVED TO:
SIMOPSIS.SMFNEW.COM

Simopsis Webmaster & Founder
http://simopsis.forumsmotions.com

2 Re: Your Frustrations on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:22 pm

cheesey

Simopsis Regular
Simopsis Regular
I originally liked the idea of the trading system myself.. but after a while it got to be.. um well..

Another was the almost complete lack of mass transportation.. and the bus system was awful as well. That and the fact that it was so damn difficult to grow a city above pop. 100k or so.

Also the floods of real-world advertising.. to the point where it made it completely unrealistic. Also how the only terraforming options were to flatten.. and when you did so it wouldn't change the color or contours of the terrain texturing so it still looked as if you had hills from an aerial view (assuming you've flattened hills).

I could literally go on all day about how much I despise CXL, how much of a disgrace it is and how big of a mistake it was, but I won't.

3 Re: Your Frustrations on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:36 pm

simLink

Well I started liking the trading system, especially during the beta test. It worked really well, and you could find other cities to trade with who agreed to reasonable terms. But, by yourself (I wouldn't have even bothered paying for the planet offer, it seemes meh...) it just didn't work well.

The real world advertisements I didn't mind the concept of (afterall, I have real-world brands in my game like Sobeys, Walmart, Samsung, etc.) but the constant flood of advertisements was indeed a little intrusive.

I never knew about the terraforming not changing the landscape - you think they could have figured that out. I never really used the terraforming options because I didn't ever get that into the game - for many of the reasons we've mentioned...

cheesey wrote:I could literally go on all day about how much I despise CXL, how much of a disgrace it is and how big of a mistake it was, but I won't.

Oh, please feel free to! It would drive discussion in here. Razz

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SIMOPSIS HAS MOVED TO:
SIMOPSIS.SMFNEW.COM

Simopsis Webmaster & Founder
http://simopsis.forumsmotions.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Simopsis Version 3.1