Reticulating splines... news coming up!
Simopsis has moved to SIMOPSIS.SMFNEW.COM
Come by and register to the new site!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Photo Editing: Do you do it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Photo Editing: Do you do it? on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:21 pm

simLink

I've been thinking recently about how photoshopped some photos look in CJs. Sometimes I think they over do it, but with cases of a CJ which just ended, the editing really was effective. They used the water texture to make it look like their city flooded, which IMO is a good time to edit.

Some blurring is okay, but not over doing it. Personally I just change the darkness/lighting and contrast of my photos to make them suit the mood of the update. If it is a dark night, I may the photo darker. If it is a fall day, I make the picture look warmer.

What's your opinion on photo editing? When is it okay/when do you use it, if at all?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SIMOPSIS HAS MOVED TO:
SIMOPSIS.SMFNEW.COM

Simopsis Webmaster & Founder
http://simopsis.forumsmotions.com

2 Re: Photo Editing: Do you do it? on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:04 pm

cheesey

Simopsis Regular
Simopsis Regular
I think a lot of journals overdo it.
I tried a softening effect in Quynneth Territory (my old version of Durham) and it turns out like a picture straight out of the sixties. The softening looks better on photographs instead of computer images.

That said I usually add a white faded border to mine and darken areas surrounding text, which is usually the only editing I do.

3 Re: Photo Editing: Do you do it? on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:40 pm

simLink

Yea, I like the editing you do. The faded borders are a nice touch. I will be experimenting with some editing in my upcoming CJ, should SC4 ever stop crashing and let me finish what I want to before launch. Razz

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SIMOPSIS HAS MOVED TO:
SIMOPSIS.SMFNEW.COM

Simopsis Webmaster & Founder
http://simopsis.forumsmotions.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Simopsis Version 3.1